|Designation||:||Associate Professor and Head|
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Qualification||:||MP Ed M. Phil PhD|
|Research||:||Completed Minor Research project on ‘Effect of Strength Training, Mobility Training and Combination of Strength & Mobility Training on range of movements, Maximum Strength and 1500 meters Performance under the Minor Research Project Scheme of University Grants Commission (2003-05).|
|Publications||:||• Published Research Paper in the International Journal Accredited by NAAS in the year 2012 April-Effect of resistance training programme on performance related fitness variables among cricket players”(vol:5,issue 1,April2012,page 62-64
• Published three Research Papers in VOICE OF SPORTS- a National Journal, in the year 2008 March, 2010 March & 2013 March - Effect of strength training, mobility training and combination of strength and mobility training on maximum strength and 1500 mts performance (page 42-50, Volume-2, March 2008.) The interference effect of interval training and circuit training on explosive strength, speed and endurance among boys (Vol.No 5, issue 2, March 2011 page 7-14 ), Endurance Training induced changes on body composition and fasting blood glucose among middle aged overweight men of Jammu and Kashmir State(Volume 7, Issue 2,March 2013,Page 50-55).
|Papers presented||:||• Presented a research paper in the 9thInternational Sports Science Conference “Contemporary Trends& Research in Sports, Exercise and Physical Education” 2012 at University of Sains, Malaysia, Kota- bharu, Malaysia in the year 2012
• Presented paper on “Yoga, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, and Sports for Lifelong Fitness” in the International Seminar held at Alagappa University, Karakkudi, Tamil Nadu on 27th and 28th January, 2011.
• Presented the research paper in the National Seminars on “Trends and Challenges in Physical Education and Sports” at Kannur University on 20th and 21st February 2003.
• Presented the Research Paper on “Emerging Trends in Physical Education and Sports Science on 3rd and 4th march 2003 at Annamalai University.
• Presented the research Paper in the National Seminar on “Contribution of Scientific Findings of Allied Subjects for the Promotion of Physical Education and Competitive Sports on 10th and 11th March 2006 at Annamalai University, Tamilnadu.
• Resource Person in the 23rd National Conference of Sports Psychology Under the Aegis of Sports Psychology Association of India(SPAI) Organized by the Department of Physical Education, Christ College, Irinjalakuda,Kerala,India.
• Presented Paper on the seminar on”Need Based Physical Education and Personality Development” on 17th and 18th January 2007 at TMG College Tirur.
|Seminars or Workshops attended||:||Attended National Seminar at MEASS College Areekode, Malappuram District, Kerala, on Significance of Martial Arts, Ayurveda and Modern Medicine in Sports Injury, Prevention, Care and Management on 28th February and 1st March 2011
Attended International Workshop on “Advanced Scientific Training and Coaching” held at Tamilnadu Physical Education and Sports University , Chennai, India on 2nd and 3rd Febuary 2010.
Attended UGC Sponsored National Seminar cum Workshop on “Health Fitness Wellbeing and Physical Education on 11th and 12th March 2009 at University of Calicut - Seminar on Open Course in Physical Education on 28th june 2011-Workshop on Administration of Physical Education on 8th October 2007 and Work shop on Physical Education Curriculum at St:Marys College Sulthan Bathery-National Seminar on Sports Medicine on 29th june 1999., Vimala College, Trissur (2003).
Attended the seminar on “Contribution of the Government Sports Association, Clubs& Institutions to the Development of Football in the State of Kerala on 22nd and 23rd February 2011 at PSMO College , Tirurangadi,Kerala.
Attended FIVB National Teachers Seminar from 20th to 28th June 2008 at Chenai.
|Memberships||:||• Project Officer for Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010
• Director of Physical Education, University of Calicut, India
• Co-ordinator, Centre For Physical Education, University of Calicut
• Member, Senate, University of Calicut
• Organizing Secretary for several national sporting events
• Research guide, University of Calicut
• Chairman, P G Board of Studies in Physical Education, University of Calicut
• Member, Curriculum Framework Development and Workforce Development committee, Constituted by the Government of India.
• Special Invitee: U G Board of Studies in Physical Education, University of Calicut
• Faculty Member: Faculty of Sports Science and Education, Kannur University
|Extension Programmes||:||• Member:Kerala state sports council
• Member : Curriculum Framework Development and Workforce Development Committee, Constituted by the Government of India
• Selection Committee Chairman: Kerala State Athletic Association from 2003 till now
• President: Malappuram District Athletic Association
• Positions held in different Sports Associations at both State & district levels.
• Selection Committee Member of Calicut University Athletic, Volleyball, Hockey, Ball badminton & Kho-Kho teams from 1999 to till date.
• Manager:Kerala State Athletic Team in the NATIONAL GAMES 2007 held at Guwahati, Assam. The Team Won the Overall Championships in Athletics.
• Manager:Calicut University Athletic Team: 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05& 2008-09.The team won the Overall Championship in these years except 2004-05 were the runner up.
• Finance Committee convener: All India Inter University Athletic Championship held at Calicut University in the year 2002-03.
• Member: Anti-Ragging Committee, Constituted by the University of Calicut
• Convener: University Project for the General awareness programme for Elder Women and Men for Health
• Part of the core team as Project Officer that was instrumental in planning, organizing and executing the X1XthCommon Wealth Games held in 2010 at New Delhi
• Part of the executive team for the forthcoming National Games to be held in 2014 in KERALA
• In my capacity as the Director of Physical Education for Calicut University, I oversee sporting activities for 384 affiliated colleges with student strength of approximately 0.3 million
• Co-Ordinator, Centre for Physical Education, University of Calicut: Running MPEd, BPEd and BPE Courses under this Centre.
• National Gold Medalist & Record holder in Long Jump (1992)